Meet Sumatran Orangutans – 6 nights €1,080 per person
Day 1 : Airport – City tour Medan – Hotel
On arrival at Kuala Namo Medan airport, you will be greeted personally and introduced to your specialist French/ English speaking guide from Sumatera. You will then be driven to Medan, which takes approximately one hour. On arrival in Medan, visit the Maimoon Palace, the Sultan Deli Palace and the Great Mosque. Continuation of the visit of the city, installation in the hotel Emerald Garden.
Day 2 : Medan Bukit Lawang _ Medan
After breakfast, early departure. Heading towards the Gunung Leuser National Park, you will reach Bukit Lawang, the starting point for your jungle trekking. On the way we stop to visit the famous oil palm and hevea plantations. Arrive in Bukit Lawang visit devoted to a trek through the jungle in the company of a trail guide (2 hours if you wish) to meet the many monkeys that inhabit it. You can observe gibbons, thomasleaf, macaques and of course the famous orang-utans, epidemic species of Sumatera and Borneo threatened with extinction back to Bukit Lawang, night at the Ecolodge Bukit Lawang Cottage.
Day 3 : Bukit Lawang – Berastagi
Breakfast at the hotel, departure for Berastagi, stopping en route at the oil palm and beech plantation. This is followed by a visit to the famous Lumbini Budhis temple, visit to the fruit and flower market, and overnight stay at the Grand Mutiara Hotel.
Day 4 : Simalem Resort – Samosir
After breakfast, departure for Lake Toba, in the morning you will discover beautiful scenery along the way. First visit will be the typical village of Batak Karo in Lingga, followed by a visit to the famous Sipiso-piso waterfall. One of the rivers that feeds Lake Toba, Continuation to Simalem Resort for the beautiful scenery of Lake Toba 1600 metre altitude.Then visit the palace of the Batak king Simalungun in Pematang Purba before boarding a ferry to the island of Samosir (one hour journey). Arrival on the island and accommodation at the Tabo Cottage hotel.
Day 5 : Visit to traditional Batak Toba villages
Visit the eastern part of Samosir Island, home to the main Batak Toba cultural sites. Your first stop is Simanindo, where you will discover a small museum (Huta Bolon) and some well-preserved traditional houses. You will also take the opportunity to watch a traditional dance performance. Then travel to Ambarita, famous for its stone armchairs. This is where justice was administered in Nagguere. In the afternoon discover the tombs of the Sidabutar kings, then climb slightly higher to enjoy magnificent views over the lake. Return to the hotel, evening at leisure. Overnight at the Tabo Cottage Hotel.
Day 6 : Samosir Island – Medan (175 km/6h)
In the morning you will travel to Parapat by ferry (approx.1h) then depart for Medan via palm oil plantations, rice terraces and small towns such as Pematang Siantar and Tebing Tinggi. Arrival in Medan. Check in at Hotel Emerald Garden.
Day 7 : Medan – Kuala Namo Airport
Early morning departure to Kuala Namo International Airport for your onward flight. End of our service.
- Є 1,080 per person in 1/2 twin/double sharing
- Є 750 per person single room supplement
Terms and Condition
- 30% deposit at confirmation to secure the booking (refundable until 35 days prior to departure)
- Balance to be paid at 35 days prior to departure
- Cancellation is free of charge until 35 days prior to departure
- Afterwards 100% cancellation charges will apply
Included / Not Included
Included / Not Included Included:
- Activities as mentioned in the program
Not Included :
- Flight tickets
- Personal expenses
- Meals & drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Emerald Garden, Located in the heart of Medan city, Emerald Garden International Hotel, its accessibility from the business and commercial centers makes it the logical choice for business and leisure travelers – Website
- Ecolodge Bukit Lawang, is a peaceful village in the province of North Sumatra. The location is a main access point into the green heart of Sumatra – Website
- Hotel Grand Mutiara Berastagi, Experience the beauty of Berastagi as they are meant to be enjoyed through Grand Mutiara Hotel. Eastern charm, modern amenities, gracious service.
- Tabo Cottage , is situated on the shore of Lake Toba at Samosir surrounded by ricefields and plantations. It offers magnificent views over Lake Toba and the mountains – Website
Best Of Tours Indonesia